Wednesday, February 9, 2011

i heart valentines

I am NOT a big fan of Valentine's Day, at ALL. As a matter of fact, I told Nick I don't want to celebrate it this year (and I may or may not have made him promise not to even buy a card). Why? Well for one thing, I am a veryyyyy lucky girl. Nick will randomly come home with a sweet card or fresh flowers for me on any given day. So in some ways, I get "Valentine's Day" a lot around here:o) I just don't like the idea of companies being able to scam consumers by marking up the prices of gifts, cards and flowers for one day. I'm sure most of you feel the same way. I know Nick works way too hard to go spend $50-100 on roses that would be half that price the very next day. Lame.

I do however, love to celebrate Valentine's Day with blog friends! There's something so fun about getting assigned to swap with someone who lives fairly close to you and learning new things about them! It's even more fun when you get a surprise package in the mail, like I did today!!!!


My blog buddy, Samantha, must have known me in another life! She filled this box with EVERYTHING that I love! Thank you girl! I got lots of baking goodies, nail polish, a delicious candle that smells like the islands, Southern Living magazine (one of my absolute favs) and some stuff to use in my kitchen! This made my day, even Nick was impressed to learn about this swap! Thanks to Neely and her friends for setting it up!

I also got this adorable Hello Kitty valentine bundle from my friend Charisse at work! How sweet!



Are you celebrating Valentine's Day? Did you partake in a blog swap?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that looks like a great swap parcel!

    I totally agree with you about the V-day presents. It's much more special to be suprised with a gift on a random day of the year!

    ReplyDelete

leave.love.pals:o)